Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSA’s)
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team with other staff members, HRS JCC members, and community members.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, bank statements, and accounting regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence effectively.
- Ability to work with frequent, established deadlines is required.
- Organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations is required.
- Knowledge of accounting software and database software.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of two years accounting experience; or four years progressively responsible related accounting experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- CPA certification is desirable.
- Not-for-profit experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must intermittently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud. Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required.
What do we offer?
Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC offers a challenging, dynamic, multicultural work environment with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. The JCC is committed to a culture that supports work-life balance, and invests in our culture by offering a generous paid time off package to full time employees. These include paid time for vacation, personal or sick days and paid observance of secular and religious holidays. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, participation in our defined contribution 403B pension with an Agency contribution, and Group Life and Disability Insurance after one year of service.
Uniquely JCC Benefits
JCC Membership. Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, and with it the wide array of programs, services, and activities available to our family of members.
JCC Program Discounts. Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
Learn more about us at: www.jccmilwaukee.org
How to Apply: Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org